We are seeking an ambitious individual to work with a leading property business backed by an exciting investment group.
Due to continued growth, and exceeding business targets, an opportunity for a Client Accountant has become available.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for delivering a finance function in respect of service charges and all client money handling in accordance with ARMA/RICS Regulations. The post holder will ensure that all client accounting functions including income and expenditure are processed in a timely manner and do not breach RICS codes of practice. The role will further be responsible for ensuring that our client raises its fees appropriately and for the overall integrity of data in Qube Property Management system.
- Ensure all service charge demands, budgets, accounts, payments, reconciliations, accrual and prepayments, and year-end adjustments are processed by best practice/lease. Enter service charge budgets into the system
- Bring all financial information up to date on existing clients and all new clients.
- Prepare service charge monthly/quarterly variance analysis, highlighting the reasons behind all material variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Manage the sinking funds accounts in line with RICS codes of conduct and ensure that appropriate controls are in place.
- Production of annual service charge statements, ensuring that the results are accurate, timely and correctly reflect the prevailing accounting standards and RICS code of practice.
- Reconciling and calculating the year-end service charges, monitoring outgoing costs and budgetary control.
- Maintain detailed records of transactions in accordance with regulations.
- Ensure all financial details are recorded accurately.
- Ensure all documentation is issued accurately including (but not limited to) budgets, cyclical demands, client reporting etc.
- Ensuring that all monies received and expended on behalf of company clients are accounted for correctly in accordance with RICS regulations and current Government legislation
- Develop relationships with the key stakeholders both external and internal to improve communication and ensure accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of service charge statements.
- Support the running of month end reports processing any accruals/prepayments if required
- Updating and maintaining the property management accounting systems and other databases
- Process leaseholder, applicant, and tenant refunds
- Income collection
- Reconcile payments to owners and ensure that payments are passed to owners as appropriate.
- Manage transfers of funds between corporate and client bank accounts as necessary.
- Provide monthly arrears reports to the Senior Management Team
- Provide best practice advice and ensure all accounting procedures are in place and up to date
- Liaising with leaseholders and clients where necessary. A polite and professional approach to communicating with customers is essential.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with legal requirements specifically but not limited to the Data Protection Act and the Health & Safety at Work Act. Ensure compliance with Hera’s policies, procedures, constitution, and financial regulations. Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory bodies as well as with best practice principles.
- 25 days Holiday
- Company Benefits include –Health Cashback Plan for dental and eye care etc, Cycle to Work, Retail discounts, Wellbeing Cashback plan, Death in Service Insurance