We are proud to be working with an award-winning IT services organisation based in Cambridgeshire. they are focused on working with small and medium sized organisations offering next generation IT services. They support many on-premise environments but are focused on cloud technologies and work on Microsoft and Google cloud solutions.
We are looking for a 1st line support engineer to work out of Huntingdon office on their busy service desk. This is a full-time position with excellent progression opportunities & the potential to learn lots of new IT skills.
They are a driven team who love what they do, with a work hard, play hard mentality. They are looking for individuals that are passionate about their chosen career.
The company provides 7:00am to 7:00pm service as standard with early and late shift split between the teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer support queries via phone and email
- Logging of customer requests and incidents
- Diagnosing and rectifying technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria and where possible resolving at first call
- Provide applications and infrastructure support to our growing client base
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Resolve incidents with printers, scanners and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Working with senior engineers and consultants on escalated tickets
- Logging and escalating calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Managing on-premise as well as Microsoft 365 and Azure hosted solutions
Skills & Experience Required:
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Experience using Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including MS Office
- Basic understanding of PC, laptop and tablet set-up and configuration.
- A+ Certification or higher preferred but experience essential
The benefits offered to you include:
- Competitive salary
- Professional and personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services
- Regular company funded team socials
|Job Category||Information technology|