As a Client Manager, you will be part of the team that delivers high quality, environmental advice to our clients customers. Engaging with Commercial, Operations and their Service delivery team, we are looking for someone to inspire change at a strategic level, who will support our clients, clients by ensuring their services and customer expectations are being met. To achieve success in the role you will need to work effectively, have good communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work manage internal teams and ensure all departments are aligned with projects. Keeping customers updated regularly on progress, you will build strong relationships whilst resolving issues or expanding their ever growing services!
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
1. Account ownership – You are responsible for leading all aspects of your accounts. This includes; building strong, trusted and persuasive relationships with your customers, proactively managing your remit, tracking against targets and co-ordinating the efforts of the internal team to ensure that we produce outstanding work that wows our customers. You will be responsible for reviewing any issues/escalations and where necessary lead on root cause analysis to provide insight for the customer and our internal benefit.
2. Knowing your customer’s business – With a deep, strategic understanding of your customers’ businesses, brands and people as well as the competitive landscape they operate within, you are able to add value by joining the dots across various customer contacts and projects, identifying opportunities for further development.
3. Customer development – You are responsible for identifying areas within the customers organisation where we can have impact and elevating the relationship with strategic thinking to add value and converting these opportunities into projects that are both impactful in terms of sustainability and commercially lucrative. You’ll develop a focused annual plan for each account (with input from the rest of the team), delivering the agreed actions and taking ownership for the customer targets agreed for each customer with updates presented on a quarterly basis.
4. Setting up projects for success – Liaising with your various customer contacts you will receive and interrogate a variety of documents internally and from the customer side, ensure the work is delivered collaboratively with the Project Team. You are responsible for briefing the team on the customers context, expectations and requirements. You should track the development of projects/deliverables against the context, expectations and requirements ensuring that the integrity of the customers strategy and our strategy for our relationship with the customer is upheld throughout.
5. Effective client communication – You will demonstrate strong, persuasive and articulate communication skills when discussing all aspects of your accounts and projects with customers on their sustainability strategy.
Experience & Qualifications required
- Proven experience as a Client Relations Manager or Relationship Manager within Energy sectore
- Experience tracking relevant KPIs (e.g. customer satisfaction)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills that allow you to build relationships to educate, engage and inspire people to take action (confident presentation skills)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application in practice of Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG protocols and other relevant standards
- Knowledge of strategic impact of ISO14001/ESG/Sustainability on successful businesses organisations
- Competent at Excel with great analytical and numeracy skills
- Proficient in MS Office, with working knowledge of CRM platforms
- Ability to see the big picture and take ownership
- Salary of £35K – £55K (dependent on experience)
- Generous pension scheme
- Unlimited annual leave
- Bonus scheme (employee and company-performance related)