Our client is UK Powerhouse in the technology-based solutions sector.
They create industry leading installations, conferences, events, meetings and related applications based in Cambridgeshire. Working across a wide range of public and private sectors, they deliver worldwide off-the-shelf and bespoke solutions, offering a range of products for rental or purchase together with system design and integration, consultancy, and complementary services.
They are looking for an experienced AV salesperson for their team. This could be an experienced salesperson with a solid track record or an AV technician who feels they have what it takes to move into sales.
Purpose of the role
To provide an exceptional service to all their customers/clients that delivers results above and beyond expectation owing to the quality, reliability, and attention to detail of the company’s employees, and to develop and manage the service in such a way as to achieve the budgeted sales and profitability targets.
The core duties are identifying and pursuing viable sales opportunities within the Audio-Visual sector. Office-based position (Cambridgeshire) working hours – 09:00 -17:30 Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch.
Skills and Qualifications
- Selling a range of Audio-Visual products and services.
- Designing and specifying equipment for Audio-Visual systems.
- Establishing and maintaining a wide range of contacts with existing customers and seeking out new customers, thereby obtaining the opportunity to achieve a high rate of sales.
- Generate appointments with sales prospects, build customer confidence in our company and guide them through the sales process.
- Writing marketing material and sales press releases when the opportunity for promotion and publicity exists.
- Ensuring all sales meet the companies agreed commercial targets.
- Bid writing, including for public contracts via official tender processes.
- A friendly helpful personality is essential.
- Self-Motivated with a Positive client friendly attitude
- Excellent communications skills
- Professional image
- High Degree of Initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of MS office products
- A full UK driving licence required for this role.
- The successful candidate will be expected to have basic sales engineering skills. We encourage learning and development through further sales and product training as appropriate.
- Experience in the Audio-Visual sector
- Experience with Video conferencing products and services such as MS teams, Zoom, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in selling the following brands: Kramer, Crestron, Logitech, Shure, Biamp, Barco.
- Experience with Simultaneous Interpretation systems
- Dante knowledge and certification
Company Car / Car allowance, Phone and Laptop. Health insurance (after 1 year). Income protection and Death in service benefit. Mentorship and Career development programme.
Salary negotiable dependent on experience.