We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our clients fast growing, enthusiastic tech team. The role requires someone who is able to liaise directly with prospects or customers, analyse often complex business systems and then to make recommendations that will meet client needs, often against a budget.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with clients of all sizes – from ambitious start-ups, all the way to established industrial businesses – in order to understand their business process and system requirements. As part of the process you will work with our in-house team of talented UI/UX designers and software developers to document the requirements through wireframe and technical specifications.
The role offers you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of software delivery and helping our customers develop new innovative products and solve real-world operational challenges. This ranges from solution concept and design, through to delivery and support. There is certainly no typical product and those involved in the company can look forward to involvement in a wide range of projects – from augmented reality, to CRM, to enterprise systems.
Here is a guide to the kind of work you will be doing:
- Facilitate the discovery of client business processes;
- Understand business priorities and needs;
- Consult and research appropriate solutions to client needs;
- Document recommendation through user story and wireframes;
- Liaise with our internal team to provide implementation and test plans;
As Cambridge Kinetics is a young company you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to have a real influence on the way we do things. You’ll have a unique opportunity to shape your own role as well our products, services and culture from the very beginning.
Who we are seeking
To help, here’s a summary of the skills we are looking for:
- Experience of CRMs, ERPs, MRPs or other enterprise software systems;
- An interest and awareness of business processes;
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be quick to absorb and learn new processes and approaches;
- Initiative and self-confidence.
- Experience in optimising business processes;
- An understanding of the benefits of various software tools in business;
- Data analysis expertise;
- Presentation skills;
- Awareness of quality management systems such as the ISO 9001 standard;
- Experience in writing user stories;
- Experience in the software industry;
We expect all applicants to be legally authorised for employment in the United Kingdom and not to require employer-sponsored work authorisation now or in the future.
Our client was founded in response to a clear demand for high quality software development services around Cambridgeshire. They provide their clients with bespoke, custom software solutions – focusing on user experience, design and performance. In particular, they forge long-standing partnerships with their clients – and provide them with tangible business results.
There is certainly no typical project and those involved in the company can look forward to involvement in a wide range of projects – from augmented reality, to CRM, to enterprise systems. As a valued part of the design and development team, you will be encouraged to be involved in all aspects from solution concept and design, through to delivery and support.
Our client provides it’s team the flexibility of a hybrid combination of remote and in-person work.
They have a strong presence in the Cambridgeshire area and, while the position is mostly remote, you will need the ability to travel to in-person meetings from time-to-time.
|Job Category||Information technology|