We are working with one of the most highly respected colleges in the Cambridgeshire area, with the most breathtaking views and a fantastic place to work.
The College is seeking a skilled and motivated Data Professional or IT Developer to join a IT department and play a crucial role in supporting the College’s core teaching, research, and administrative activities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of building new IT solutions which are imperative to the success of the college’s future digital estate.
The successful candidate will work with the data directly in tasks across a significant Data Modernisation project. This project aims to make information from various internal and external sources available in our SQL Server 2019 cluster and to deliver it in meaningful ways to our end users in methods secured by Azure Authentication. This may include .net applications, excel data connections to curated views or in Microsoft BI dashboards as appropriate. The role holder is required to help migrate legacy data feeds to a new cluster of SQL servers and repoint existing applications to the new data sets. Major software implementations are underway which will require data integration to the SQL Databases via their APIs or other methods. This may require work with college contractors as required. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong SQL and application development skills to contribute to a dynamic and supportive work environment.
- Collaborate with the Information Systems Analyst, Web Platforms Officer, IT Systems Administrator, and the wider IT Team and to re-develop and maintain the College’s legacy MS SQL databases and in-house applications.
- Lead the modernisation, development, and integration of various datasets between systems.
- Migrate and consolidate databases onto a new MS SQL cluster.
- Configure and manage third-party APIs and SQL feeds.
- Ensure the underlying data platform is operating at optimal performance.
- Develop front-end applications to display, organize, and manipulate data.
- Ensure best practices are followed throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Ensure robust documentation for all work is available.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple complex SQL databases.
- Strong expertise in optimising stored procedures, queries, and functions.
- Proven experience with configuring and managing third-party APIs and SQL feeds.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience in developing front-end applications to display, organize, and manipulate data.
- Strong analytical thinking abilities, capable of identifying, analysing, and solving complex problems in a systematic and logical manner.
- Able to effectively collaborate with other teams, contribute to technical discussions, and assist in troubleshooting.
- Excellent organisational ability, self-discipline, and the capacity to adjust priorities to manage competing workloads.
- Adaptable and able to learn modern technologies quickly.
Further experience with WordPress, SharePoint, Power Automate, and Drupal are desirable but not essential to the role.
Up to £44,500 per annum
In addition to a competitive salary, the College offers the opportunity to work in a unique, picturesque environment and a generous benefits package which includes a free lunch when on duty.