Our client provides research and development services that extend and enhance the ability of the United Kingdom and its Allies to defend themselves and protect the future prosperity of their citizens. They are no ordinary research and development consultancy.
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you will be working on an interesting variety of hardware and software challenges. With every solution you find, you’ll be helping our scientists and engineers in their endeavors.
And, whenever you need it, you’ll be guided and supported by colleagues across the group. The roles will be primarily focused on managing our client’s own computer network and providing on-site helpdesk support for a wide range of machines, to colleagues.
You won’t get bored at Awerian. From day one, you’ll focus on troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving a wide range of issues, including Microsoft Office 365, Teams telephony, Windows 10/11 desktop, builds and re-builds, networking, Linux Server Management, and cyber security. To succeed in the role, you’ll lean on your good working knowledge of these subjects, ideally gained from three years or more experience in Desktop support.
- Previous experience working in a technical support role
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise technology stack including Office365
- A good general knowledge of computer technologies, hardware, and software
- End User Device configuration management (SCCM, Intune, Group Policy)
- Configuration and build of Windows 10/11 machines
- Experience manging hosted software for Software Development. (GitLab, Azure, Jira)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- A willingness to pickup new skills as the business grows
- Experience designing/maintaining restricted networks
Why our client?
Our client is no ordinary research and development consultancy. You will work at their smart and well-equipped offices and laboratories based just outside of Cambridge. Immediately you will be encouraged to share and implement your ideas – there’s no ‘newbie’ status, and you’ll benefit from our culture of freedom.
With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through. This, along with our flat structure, encourages mutual support, teamwork, and innovation. It also creates unique opportunities to develop skills in project leadership and client management to keep your professional development on track.
Our client is continuing their rapid growth plan, making this a great time to join their multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of building on our successful track record and developing your career at the cutting edge of technology. You will be supported by a team of experts. They are a business of individuals – however, their curiosity brings them together and it drives what they do. Whether you’re leading a project or part of a team, the whole structure of our client is designed to help you connect, thrive, and feel included.
Joining means you’ll enjoy their fantastic employee benefits including:
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments provided
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Private medical insurance for you and your family & Life insurance
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
- Electric Vehicle Leasing & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to social and sports clubs
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
So, if you’re ready to create the extraordinary at the forefront of UK homeland security; apply today.
You will need to be eligible for UK security clearance
This role is not eligible for UKVI sponsorship visa scheme
|Job Category||Information technology|