The FC will be based in Cambridge and will be responsible for a current team of 3 (Management account, Accounts payable & Accounts receivable clerks) which is expected to grow quickly. As the current team is small and still growing in experience a key aspect of the FC’s role will be to support and develop the team. At this stage the FC needs to be prepared to be hands-on and in-the-detail. The role will require occasional UK travel to airport sites in order to liaise with site-based staff. The FC needs to be flexible as the demands of the role are likely to change as the business grows. This will also give a great opportunity for progression into a less hands-on role as the supporting team grows over the next few years.
The FC will be responsible for the day-to-day financial transactions, weekly & monthly financial reporting, financial controls, and budgeting & forecasting. Key points of contact will be the Directors and Senior Management team of the business, Station Managers, and Group Finance.
This role is likely to include the following, and evolve with the requirements of the finance function:
- Responsibility for flash pack and monthly reporting pack
- Monthly management accounts including variance analysis & Station reports
- Oversee weekly reporting and weekly cash forecasts
Accounting records, processes & controls
- Accuracy of accounting records
- Maintaining and developing robust internal controls
- Documentation of finance and finance-related business processes
- VAT returns
- Production of year end group reporting packs
- Year-end tax packs
- Annual financial statements
- Liaison with external auditors
- Day to day supervision of the finance team
- Line management responsibility for Management accountant
- Ongoing support and team development
- Maintaining records of leases and other commitments
- Preparation of annual 5 year budgets and interim forecasts
- Ad hoc project work
The right candidate will be
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- People management (ability to manage the finance team, co-ordinate with the wider operations team and with Group finance
- A high level of accuracy
- A natural inclination to challenge the norm and work towards improvements.
- Positive team player
- Flexible & hard-working with strong time management & organisational skills to ensure compliance with deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- On-site parking
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing/share options
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance|