We are looking for someone with expertise in UI design, UX design, and front-end web development to join our clients growing start-up company. The role requires a natural understanding of human-computer interaction design (HCID) and the ability to come up with elegant solutions to improve software applications.
You will be joining a young and dynamic firm with an existing and growing client base, alongside a friendly, supportive, and energetic UK based team.
This is an exciting time to be joining our company. As part of a fast-growing start-up, this role will give you the power to have a real influence on shaping the future of our clients branding, design, products and strategic direction – our client ensures that they put user experience at the heart of everything they do.
Company and Projects
Our exciting client was founded in response to a clear demand for high quality software development services around Cambridgeshire. They aim to provide their clients with bespoke, custom software solutions – focusing on user experience, design and performance (we would know as they did a superb job on our own website at Stratton Recruitment)! In particular, they aim to forge long-standing partnerships with all of their clients – and provide them with tangible business results.
There is certainly no typical product and those involved in the company can look forward to involvement in a wide range of projects – from augmented reality, to CRM, to enterprise systems. As a valued member of the design and development team, you will be encouraged to be involved in all aspects from solution concept and design, through to delivery and support.
Who we are seeking
We are looking for people that share our clients vision for high quality code and high-performance UI/UX, delivered in a highly professional and caring way. We’re keen to see applications from talented candidates that want to be involved with an innovative and thriving start-up business.
To help, here’s a summary of who our client is looking for:
- Experience using tools of the trade like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar to create wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs;
- Experience of producing client-facing applications and an awareness of the UX and UI challenges involved;
- Evidence of a problem-solving mindset;
- Ability to create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables);
- Knowledge of C#, .NET 5.0 and ASP.NET Core;
- Knowledge of iOS and Android UI development;
- Familiarity with database technology, architecture and solutions (NoSQL and/or SQL);
- Experience of project planning, scheduling and/or scoping
- An ability to ask questions to understand requirements ahead of implementation;
- Experience working in an agile development team;
- Experience in working remotely from home.
We expect all applicants to be legally authorised for employment in the United Kingdom and not to require employer-sponsored work authorisation now or in the future.
Our client provides their team the flexibility of a hybrid combination of remote and in-person work.
They already have a strong presence in the Cambridgeshire area and, while the position is mostly remote, you will need the ability to travel to in-person meetings from time-to-time.
A salary dependent upon your experience. Additionally they offer BUPA health cover, a flexible day-to-day commitment and holiday entitlement well above statutory minimum.
|Job Category||Information technology|