We are looking for someone with expertise in UI design, UX design, and ideally front-end web development to join our clients fast growing company. The role requires a natural understanding of design for various platforms and the ability to come up with elegant solutions to improve software applications, and help us launch our innovative next generation product.
You will be joining a young and dynamic company with a growing client base, alongside a friendly, supportive, and energetic UK based team. You will be trusted with real responsibility and projects from day one, allowing you to gain experience working across industries on valuable and impactful software projects.
This is an exciting time to be joining our clients company. As part of a fast-growing start-up, this role will give you the power to have a real influence on shaping the future of our technology stack, engineering practises and strategic direction – ensuring we put user experience and software quality at the heart of everything they do.
Who we are seeking
We are looking for people that share our vision for high quality design and performance with user interface and user experience, delivered in a highly professional and caring way. We’re keen to see applications from talented candidates with current portfolio that want to be involved with an innovative and thriving start-up business.
To help, here’s a summary of who we are looking for:
- Experience of producing client-facing applications and an awareness of the UX and UI challenges involved;
- Experience using tools of the trade like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar to create wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs;
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS with ability to turn designs into working code;
- Ability to create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and illustrations);
- Evidence of a problem-solving mindset;
- Experience with version control, unit testing, continuous integration and code quality tools;
- Experience of projects where you have had a client-facing role;
- An ability to ask questions to understand requirements ahead of implementation;
- Experience working in an agile development team;
- Experience in working remotely from home.
About the company
Our client was founded in response to a clear demand for high quality software development services around Cambridgeshire. They provide their clients with bespoke, custom software solutions – focusing on user experience, design and performance. In particular, they forge long-standing partnerships with their clients – and provide them with tangible business results.
There is certainly no typical project and those involved in the company can look forward to involvement in a wide range of projects – from augmented reality, to CRM, to enterprise systems. As a valued part of the design and development team, you will be encouraged to be involved in all aspects from solution concept and design, through to delivery and support.
Flexibility of a hybrid combination of remote and in-person work.
They have a strong presence in the Cambridgeshire area and, while the position is mostly remote, you will need the ability to travel to in-person meetings from time-to-time.
Our client offer a salary dependent upon your experience. Additionally we offer BUPA health cover, a flexible day-to-day commitment and holiday entitlement well above statutory minimum.
We expect all applicants to be legally authorised for employment in the United Kingdom and not to require employer-sponsored work authorisation now or in the future.
|Job Category||Information technology|