**Hardware Engineer Wanted**
Are you an experienced Hardware Engineer looking for a new challenge, if so please read on…… we are delighted to offer this new opportunity for an experienced Hardware Engineer to join a valued client of ours in the Cambridge area. This is a brand new role to join a company that has been growing both organically and through acquisition, they are one of the market leaders in their sector and are hoping to grow their team to fulfill the demands of their growth. The role is varied and you will be working on various projects and never the same thing every week, you will need to be able to work autonomously as this is a small team at this stage, and there may be the opportunity to work hybrid once you have settled, but this is dependent on equipment to work from home.
Based in Cambridge you will be part of the engineering team who is responsible for designing, developing, and sustaining Real-Time Location System (RTLS) products. As an RTLS hardware engineer, you will be a part of this team, helping to create and maintain innovative products to support our customers’ mission-critical operations.
The main function of the job:
Design, development, and debugging of RTLS hardware products. As an experienced Hardware Engineer you will work on designs throughout their lifecycle – from definition (in conjunction with Product Management), architecture and design, through release and introduction into manufacturing, and afterwards when supporting our customers.
Our clients RTLS platform covers all levels of the hardware stack (RF, analogue, digital, firmware, and embedded software) and we expect you to want to become an expert overtime in that platform. The role offers considerable scope for the right candidate to grow to take on substantial responsibility for successful future introduction of next-generation products.
Main duties and responsibilities:
As an integral part of the hardware engineering team, you will be heavily involved in implementing RTLS hardware product releases, to support the growing number of installations of our products.
This encompasses work through the full hardware and firmware development lifecycle, and you will be involved in most or all of the following:
- Design of digital and analogue hardware for products
- Development of firmware for hardware products
- Analysis of circuits and systems to verify performance
- Prototyping of test circuits
- Compliance testing of low-power wireless products
- Support for release management of products
- Support for transfer to manufacturing
- Support for and improvement to products throughout their lifecycle
A 1st or 2.1 degree in electronic engineering or similar
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience of design and implementation of digital and analogue hardware
- Embedded systems and combined hardware/firmware systems experience
- C programming experience in embedded environments
- Familiarity with electronics test and measurement equipment
- Familiarity with build systems (e.g. make), revision control and bug management systems
Desirable Skills Required:
- Experience in one or more of wireless, microwave RF, sensors and distributed software systems
- Python programming experience
- C++ or assembler programming experience in embedded environments
- Programmable logic design skills
- Understanding of design for EMC and compliance testing
- Good understanding of network protocols including TCP, UDP and HTTP
- Microsoft Windows GUI programming skills
- Development of test systems
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Familiarity with other programming or scripting languages
- Familiarity with Altium Design or other PCB tools
- Normally two or more years’ recent relevant experience
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to track down and fix hardware and systems problems
- Understanding of commercial factors which drive design decisions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- IT skills (familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
If you feel that this role would be suitable to your skills and knowledge then please apply today to be considered !
|Job Category||Information technology|