We are excited to be working with a well respected Manufacturing company based in Huntingdonshire, a short commute from Cambridge or Bedford. Our client work with some of the biggest names in the business, such as Mitsubishi, JLR, Mini & more. Together, we are on the search for a Head of Finance, and require someone to add great quality, as well as push boundaries and bring ideas.
Overall control of the company’s accounting function ensuring financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation. Provide financial advice and support to the MD and senior management to support decision making. Responsible for the efforts, results and success of the Finance Department.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts including cash-flow analysis and balance sheet reconciliations. Interpret figures and present with commentary.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions, reviewing working capital and optimising internal reports. Advise on action required.
- Prepare monthly management reports & KPI’s to support performance monitoring and feed the decision making process.
- Responsible for VAT, HMRC and payroll processes.
- Analyse and present sales data to the sales department to support good market understanding of the industry and product range.
- Work with the production team to analyse BoMs to ensure costings are accurate and meet business needs.
- Prepare information for budget planning and forecasting to assist business planning and aid decision making.
- Develop essential systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations. Maintain the integrity of data. Examine all financial reports to closely check for discrepancies.
- Lead and develop a team that has the appropriate level of skills and resource to service business needs.
- Take responsibility for year end processed including contract auditing services and ensure all official reports are prepared correctly to meet the annual audit process.
- Be responsible for the IT function, keeping up to date and co-ordinating services to maximise business efficiency.
- Oversee the company HR function working with the MD to ensure implementation of HR policy continues to be relevant to the business.
- Work on and lead special projects as required.
These responsibilities are not exhaustive and may vary as dictated by the changing needs of the business. The employee will be expected to undertake duties as required by their Manager.
- Integrity, honesty and discretion at all times.
- Exceptional mathematical skills, attention to detail and commercially astute.
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting methods, financial principles and practices.
- Strong communicator, building essential relationships to progress the business. Ability to communicate to non financial staff across departments.
- Proven track record using a fully integrated ERP system with sound understanding of current management information systems. SAP Business One experience highly desirable within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to organise own work load to meet deadlines, including working under pressure to meet key milestones.
Qualified Accountant (CIMA or ACCA)
5+ years working within a finance team, progressing to a leadership role, ideally within a manufacturing company. Must have experience and competence of using Microsoft Office Suite with exceptional Excel skills. SAP Business One highly desirable.
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance|