Our client is an award-winning IT services organisation focused on working with small and medium-sized organisations offering next-generation IT services. We focus on cloud platforms such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace but also support businesses with on-premises infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a highly knowledgeable IT Consultant to join our clients team. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in helping individuals and businesses develop, utilize, and integrate IT systems. By resolving technical problems and providing comprehensive user training, you will enable their clients to maximize the value of technology in their business operations.
As an IT Consultant, it is crucial that you possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the field. Your customer-oriented approach will ensure that you understand and address the unique requirements of each client. Effective communication skills, particularly in presentations, will be vital to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and engaging manner.
We are seeking an IT Consultant with superior technical proficiency and a strong problem-solving aptitude. Your ability to analyze and resolve technical issues efficiently will provide valuable support to our clients. Additionally, your expertise in identifying innovative solutions and integrating IT systems will contribute to their business success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand customer requirements and business objectives
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve goals
- Manage IT initiatives and collaborate with in-house technical staff
- Design IT systems and networks ensuring the right architecture and functionality
- Support new technology implementation
- Train users in new and existing IT systems
- Provide assistance with technical issues
- Revise existing systems and suggest improvements
- Produce reports
- Have a full understanding of your client’s infrastructure and ensure that documentation reflects the environments you lead.
- Perform technical audits for new clients, and highlight deficiencies and the corresponding recommendations in a formal proposal document.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant qualifications (degree or similar), or suitable technical experience
- Possible technical proficiency in the following: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server (2019 and prior), Experience of working with Microsoft Windows.
- Possible understanding of networking or networking qualifications (IP & VLAN, DHCP, DNS, firewall configuration, SD-WAN).
- Experience within technical support roles would be an advantage
- Able and confident with directly dealing with clients in face-to-face contact, over the phone, and via email.
- Familiarity with managed IT services environments.
- Able to communicate effectively and record work details in a ticketing system shared with our clients.
- Able to troubleshoot challenging issues in a reliable timely manner and provide updates to clients on a regular basis.
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop your technical and soft skill proficiency.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with colleagues in non-technical roles.
The benefits offered to you include:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Professional and personal development plan including vendor certification paths.
- 28 days annual leave including public holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Health Cover and Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services.
- Regular company-funded team socials.
|Job Category||Information technology|