Stratton Recruitment are overwhelmed to be working with one of the most prestigious companies based in Cambridge. Our client is very well known and well respected in the educational sector, offering the most breathtaking views, and is truly a spectacular and inspirational place to work.
Together, we are searching for an outstanding IT Developer to join a team of 9 and to assist an exciting project.
Purpose of role:
- Part of a team of 9 reporting directly to the Head of IT, looking after an IT environment that supports over 1500 users, accessing over 50 servers the purpose of the IT Developer’s role is:
- To be accountable for the development, upkeep and maintenance of the Colleges bespoke applications and databases.
- To develop and support the integration of different systems and databases.
- To ensure the security of applications and databases is continually reviewed and improved.
- To carry out day-to-day support of the Colleges’ off the shelf business systems.
- To provide input into and support the Colleges’ IT strategy.
- To develop and support secure applications, database platforms and integration tools as an individual or within a team in accordance with the IT strategy and IT continual improvement processes; To develop applications that adhere to agreed processes and standards, and continually identify and adapt to best working practice (45%).
- To be a point of contact for immediate colleagues of all levels of seniority and external suppliers wishing to communicate with the department on IT development matters (10%.
- To work closely with other developers, the Head of IT and other colleagues inside and outside of the IT department, on College-wide projects, identifying risks and issues as and when required (5%).
- To act as a trusted advisor to the Head of IT to help implement and determine IT development priorities, strategies and initiatives (5%).
- To keep up with IT development industry standards, and apply appropriate new tools and methodologies to College systems and processes (10%).
- To provide training, assistance, and guidance to colleagues within the department and other members of college when required; To supervise and guide the Junior IT Developer (15%).
- To monitor, maintain and test off-the-shelf business applications (5%).
- To specify, develop and maintain accurate and up to date system documentation for the College’s IT applications and databases (5%).
- Experience in supporting and developing IT applications and databases in a large
- user-base environment
- A very good understanding of IT development concepts
- Experience in supporting large IT development projects
- Proficient in supporting users over the phone and desk-side
- Experience in development programming ethics – code commenting and
- Awareness of best practice around developing secure applications
- Experience of administering applications on Windows Servers
- Experience of administering applications on Linux Servers
- Experience of IT security methodology
- Experience with project management methodologies
- Experience with ITIL frameworks, and working with service management tools
- Experience in data integration between multiple business critical applications.
- Experience with API use and development
- Using the client-side object mode, REST and Web services
- Experience in a CI/CD environment preferably Azure Devops and Git. (Essential)
- C# (Essential)
- PHP (Essential)
- Visual Basic (Desirable)
- Drupal (Desirable)
- WordPress (Desirable)
- Database technologies – particularly Microsoft SQL
- Performance tuning at code and database levels
- Front end development techniques e.g bootstrap
- Quality Assurance
- User acceptance testing
- Experienced in developing and using SharePoint (Desirable)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines and colleagues’ expectations
- Flexible, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills
- University Degree in an IT discipline
- Recognised IT development certifications
- Salary – £43,000
- 36.25 Hours a week
- 25 plus bank holiday
- Free 3 course lunches
- Full access to onsite Gym (heavily subsidized)
- Staff Sports and Social Club, run by a committee of staff who organise events and outings
- Free health care
- Dental care scheme
- Staff can join the schemes after successful completion of their probationary period, subject to certain limitations
- Tax-free benefit allowing you to spread the cost of a new bike, including either a pedal bike or an e-bike, and equipment for it, over 12 months, up to a maximum value of £6,000
|Job Category||Information technology|