Our client is an award-winning IT services organisation focused on working with small and medium sized organisations offering next generation IT services. We focus on cloud platforms such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, but also support businesses with on-premises infrastructure.
They are always looking for individuals with experience in the IT sector who can demonstrate the ability to understand customer service, client needs and working with our technical team offering solutions to meet those needs.
Our client currently have roles available at all levels within the technical team. Whether you are just getting started within your IT career or looking to continue developing your journey, this could be the right place for you.
Type: Full Time / Permanent Location: Office Based, with ability to travel to site
Salary: This is all based on a Tier Level basis which is determined by experience and ability.
Level 1 – £18,000 – £23,000 plus benefits depending on experience
Level 2 – £25,000 – £29,000 plus benefits depending on experience
Level 3 – £30,000+, plus benefits depending on experience
Main Purpose of the Role:
As part of the team you will respond to enquiries from customers and assist them with IT queries.
Over time you will gain in depth knowledge of key software and systems with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience through a broad array of technologies with opportunities to progress to high level positions to either consulting or management positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a full understanding of your clients’ infrastructure and ensure that documentation reflects the environments you lead.
- Perform technical audits for new clients, highlight deficiencies and the corresponding recommendations in a formal proposal document.
- Initiate and implement projects to a high standard; ensure that the client documentation reflects the changes.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve technical issues raised by your client base.
- Provide support to clients owned by other Technical Leads in case of absence or unavailability.
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers.
- Work alongside the more team members to deliver complex projects when appropriate.
- Maintain effective communications with customers and other team members
- Operate in a shift rotation to provide effective cover during operational hours (07:00 – 19:00).
- Take ownership of your tasks and work without supervision.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant qualifications (degree or similar), or suitable technical experience
- Possible technical proficiency in the following: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server (2019 and prior), Experience of working with Microsoft Windows.
- Possible understanding of networking or networking qualifications (IP & VLAN, DHCP, DNS, firewall configuration, SD-WAN).
- Experience within technical support roles would be an advantage
- Able and confident with directly dealing with clients in face-to-face contact, over the phone, and via email.
- Familiarity with managed IT services environments.
- Able to communicate effectively and record work details in a ticketing system shared with our clients.
- Able to troubleshoot challenging issues in a reliable timely manner and provide updates to clients on a regular basis.
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop your technical and soft skill proficiency.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with colleagues in non-technical roles.
- For Senior level roles the following certifications and/or exam passes are strongly desirable but not essential:
- MS-100 Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Export
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
The benefits offered to you include:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Professional and personal development plan including vendor certification paths.
- 28 days annual leave including public holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Health Cover and Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services.
- Regular company funded team socials.
The Company values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The Company has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.