Stratton Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of the most prestigious companies based in Cambridge. Our client is very well known and well respected in the educational sector, offering the most breath-taking views, and is truly a spectacular and inspirational place to work. Reporting to the Head of IT, the successful candidate will be part of a larger 10-person IT department and will be responsible for the implementation, integrity, security, and operation of the College desktop IT infrastructure.
The role holder will be a point of contact for colleagues wishing to communicate with the department on IT issues and queries and will work closely with the Head of IT and other colleagues inside and outside of the IT department, on site-wide projects. This position demands the ability to work in liaison with people of all levels, with a strong ‘customer service’ focus. You must therefore have excellent interpersonal skills and have worked successfully as part of a team.
Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop infrastructure and using a service management tool. You must be proficient in using Microsoft active directory to manage users, groups, computers, and understand IT networking concepts (DHCP, DNS).
Experience in managing Office365 including Exchange and SharePoint would be desirable.
- High level of Microsoft desktop infrastructure
- Great communication skills – Bubbly, outgoing attitude towards daily tasks
- Someone who can truly go above and beyond and happy to help others
- A-Level standard or have an equivalent IT related qualification
- 1st and 2nd line IT support background
- Experience of providing high level of IT support to a large user base
- Active Directory experience
- MS Exchange
- Project experience
- AV support
(Staff can join the schemes after successful completion of their probationary period, subject to certain limitations)
- Competitive salary up to £30,400
- 25 plus bank holiday
- Free 3 course lunches
- Full access to onsite Gym
- Staff Sports and Social Club, run by a committee of staff who organise events and outings
- Free health care
- Dental care scheme