Our client is an award-winning IT services organisation focused on working with small and medium sized organisations offering next generation IT services. They focus on cloud platforms such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, but also support businesses with on-premises infrastructure. They are always looking for individuals with experience in the IT sector who can demonstrate the ability to understand customer service, client needs and working with our technical team offering solutions to meet those needs.
Purpose of the role
Our client is looking for a individual with experience in the IT sector who can demonstrate the ability to understand customer service, client needs and working with our technical team offering solutions to meet those needs. As part of the team, you will respond to enquiries from customers and assist them with IT queries. Over time you will gain in depth knowledge of key software and systems, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience through a broad array of technologies.
This role is ideal for development, it will allow progression on to higher level positions in Consulting, Supervisory or Management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science Degree or other suitable certifications
- Technical proficiency in the following: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server (2019 and prior), networking (IP & VLAN, DHCP, DNS, firewall configuration, SD-WAN), Experience of working with Microsoft Windows.
- Good understanding of networking.
- Confident with directly dealing with clients in face-to-face contact, over the phone, and via email.
- Familiarity with managed IT services environments.
- Able to communicate effectively and record work details in a ticketing system shared with our clients.
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a reliable timely manner and provide updates to clients on a regular basis.
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop your technical and soft skill proficiency.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with colleagues in non-technical roles.
- Perform technical audits for new clients, highlight deficiencies and the corresponding recommendations in a formal proposal document.
- Initiate and implement projects to a high standard; ensure that the client documentation reflects the changes.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve technical issues raised by your client base.
- Provide support to clients owned by other Technical Leads in case of absence or unavailability.
- Work alongside the other team members to deliver complex projects when appropriate.
- Operate in a shift rotation to provide effective cover during operational hours (07:00 – 19:00).
- Take ownership of your tasks and work without supervision.
- Salary range £22k to £32k based on ability and experience
- Annual Profit Related Bonus
- 40 Hours per week
- 34 Days holiday per annum including public holidays and Birthday leave
- Contributory Company Pension
- Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services
- Regular company-funded team socials
The Company values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The Company has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references will be required.
Have any questions on the role? Feel free to contact us direct – 01223 953 678
|Job Category||Information technology|