We are searching for an ambitious individual to work with a leading property business backed by an exciting investment group with state-of-the-art offices based in Borehamwood.
Due to exceeding growth plans, our client is now looking for a Maintenance Operative.
Not only do they offer an incredible place to work, but they also value their staff as a family and create a unique environment that caters to all ambitious individuals.
The Maintenance Operative will directly undertake in-house maintenance routines reporting to the Maintenance Manager. They must utilise the equipment, materials, and other available resources, and work in collaboration with team members and contractors to ensure the highest quality of service is provided.
The Maintenance Operative should:
• Have sound knowledge, &/or proficiency in routine and proactive maintenance.
• Be knowledgeable of fire doors compliance with relevant codes and standards.
• Have an excellent understanding of Health & Safety regulations and risk assessments (relevant qualifications and safety certifications are advantageous).
• Be familiar with building systems and worked in a built environment role.
• Have trade skills including painting and decorating, basic carpentry, and an understanding of mechanical/electrical assets.
• Be able to work independently, making critical decisions when necessary
• Have a positive and proactive attitude towards planning and working efficiently
• Demonstrate good communication verbally and written, with competency in basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Have completed FDIS and IOSH training, this is desirable but not essential.
To undertake and support the ongoing maintenance management routines of the developments managed by the client, aiming to ensure maintenance and risk management tasks are completed efficiently and on time. This will include but is not limited to:
- Provide general maintenance support across the portfolio and work to a pre-planned schedule of inspections.
- Carry out and record the results/outcome of weekly, monthly, and other cyclical checks, testing and maintenance routines, including but not limited to Fire Door compliance, Emergency Lighting testing, Smoke Ventilation system testing and Lift Line testing.
- Report defects / incidents (either observed or reported) and take the corrective action after consultation with your line manager.
- Ensuring maintenance tasks whether routine or reactive are completed to a high standard and are recorded in the relevant systems.
- Provide a clear and concise report of inspection findings and recommendations.
- Delivering a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely, only used by authorised personnel.
- Undertake ad-hoc maintenance tasks including but not limited to – area maintenance, light bulb replacement, painting, decorating, plaster repairs, minor internal and external maintenance repairs to hard surfaces and soft services.
Risk Management: Supporting the portfolio risk management routines, utilising our clients systems and processes to ensure compliance. This will include but is not limited to: –
- Liaising with the CRM and onsite management team, client relationship/support team, contractors, and customers to facilitate risk assessments and routine risk management tasks.
- Completing risk actions, equipment testing (in and outside of the apartments) and recording the same. This is not limited to but would include fire alarm testing, tap/show flushing, smoke ventilation testing, water testing, plant room inspections, and sprinkler tests
- Maintaining a detailed audit trail of all actions and certifications within the system.
- 22 days Holiday + Back Holidays
- 5 days a week, 9-5:30
- Free Parking
- Company Benefits include –Health Cashback Plan for dental and eye care etc, Cycle to Work, Retail discounts, Wellbeing Cashback plan, Death in Service Insurance