We are excited to be exclusively working with a long term client who are currently seeking a Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator.
As a Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator you will be part of the team that delivers high quality, engaging and effective external communications that will continue to position us as a leader in our sector.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
· Contribute to the creation of an annual Marketing & Communication plans
· Support with the management of a social media content calendar
· Create original material in the form of video, text, images, and audio, ensuring the tone of our clients engagement is consistent
· Help plan the delivery and scheduling of engaging social content across our clients main social media accounts
· Work closely with the wider team to ensure effective sharing of relevant content and identify opportunities for news articles and blogs
· Collect, analyse, and report on social media metrics
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our clients target audiences across our 3 brands
- Maintain and update website content across our clients 3 brands
· Manage a contact database in line with GDPR requirements for each of our audience segments, ensuring this is regularly updated to include new subscribers
- Support the briefing process for email marketing campaigns
- Build, test, and QA email campaigns ensuring communications to our audience are on-brand, accurate and relevant
· Produce regular, engaging and brand-consistent customer and partner newsletters
· Work with external partners to maximise the potential of reciprocal relationships
- Work closely with the rest of the Commercial team to coordinate invitations to press interviews, podcasts, panels, and other editorial requests
· Support the wider Commercial team in preparing for external events or third-party tradeshows, and coordinating logistics for internal events, including managing pre and post communications with attendees and other ad-hoc tasks such as generating name badges, creating event packs, etc.
· Support ad-hoc communications projects as needed, such as infographics, reports, presentations etc.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Experience & Qualifications required
Degree or equivalent in related subject or adequate sector experience
· 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing, communications, or social media management related role
|Working within brand guidelines||a|
|Working with multiple external stakeholders||a|
|Website management (Wix)||a|
|Monitoring marketing campaigns engagement||a|
|Reviews of marketing campaigns and reporting on results||a|
|Knowledge of best practices of social media marketing||a|
|Design and video editing skills (Adobe suite, Canva, Biteable etc)||a|
|Understanding of Google Analytics and SEO||a|
|Managing set up of events and implementing logistics||a|
· Excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships that educate, engage and inspire people to take action
· Passionate, positive, creative thinker who can think outside the box to solve complex, bespoke challenges for our customers
· Exceptional written and presentation skills
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing requirements
· Enjoy being positively challenged and positively challenging others to continually improve
· Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and independently
· Excited about the rapid change and development in the industry and wholly agree with the scientific conclusions of the UN IPCC.
Skills you will gain
· A developed understanding of the risks and opportunities in relation to the mitigation of and adaptation to climate change
· The ability to build customer relationship management, influence, and leadership skills
· Continued development of analytical, monitoring and evaluation competencies, as well as technical skills, including software and website management
· The opportunity for continued personal and professional development.
· Salary between £26,100 – £32,125 (dependent on experience)
· Pension Scheme
· Unlimited holiday allowance (minimum of 28 per year and 5 per quarter)
· Bonus scheme (company-performance related)