Stratton Recruitment are thrilled to be recruiting on behalf of a rapidly expanding lead-generation and Financial Services support company, based in Romford, who are working with some of the UK’s top Insurance providers.
As they continue to grow, they are looking for an energetic Office Manager to establish and maintain office procedures, organise, and coordinate administration duties and provide general office support. Your role will be to establish and maintain a thriving work environment in line with the company’s values and culture, ensuring high levels of organisational efficacy and clear communication across all levels.
The successful applicant will hold various responsibilities and duties, including scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating office activities, procurement of office supplies, greeting clients and visitors and providing general administrative support to our client’s employees. Previous experience as an Office Administrator or Office Manager would be an advantage but is not necessary. The successful applicant will also have experience with a variety of office software (Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), have meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
The ultimate role of the Office Manager is to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office whilst also improving company procedures and daily operations.
Act as the central point for office manager duties including: Office policies and procedures, Maintenance, Correspondence (incoming and outgoing), Office Supplies & Equipment, General Errands and Shopping
- Organise meetings and schedule appointments
- Maintain the office condition and arrange repairs when necessary
- Work closely with HR to update and maintain office processes and policies as necessary
- Work with Accounts to ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office suppliers, service providers and office lease
- Assist in the interview and onboarding process for new recruits
- Support employees with queries regarding office management (e.g., stationery, equipment, and travel arrangements)
- Organise in-house or off-site events, such as activities, parties, conferences, and celebrations
- Other administrative tasks as required
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proven experience working in an office environment, whether as an Office Manager, Office Assistant or Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Knowledge of Office Administrator roles, responsibilities, systems, and processes
- Practical experience with office hardware (such as printers, fax machines etc.)
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective organisational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- An innovative mind with an ability to suggest improvements and enhancements
- Be part of a rapidly expanding, energetic and vibrant business
- Excellent career progression opportunities – most management are promoted from within
- Staff incentives to motivate the office, including competitions & prizes
- Continuous development, coaching and support provided
- Employer matched pension contribution
- 28 days annual leave