We are very proud to be working with one of the most prestigious companies based in Cambridge.
Our client is very well known and well respected in the educational sector, offering the most breathtaking views, and is truly a spectacular and inspirational place to work.
Together we are looking for a Pay & Pensions Administrator for Maternity cover.
Purpose of the role
To support the processing of the clients pay and pension’s payrolls accurately and in line with current legislation, submit appropriate reports and assist colleagues and external agencies with queries. To keep pension records up to date and process any payments and queries accurately and timely. To help and support the management of staff benefits, notifying private health insurance companies of any changes and submitting P11d returns to HMRC.
- To support the Administrator to ensure that all payrolls are completed accurately and employees are paid on time. Ensure the accurate and timely input and processing of appropriately authorised payment details and updates following appointments, resignations, changes in conditions of service, promotions and upgrading, including PAYE, National Insurance and other deductions and ensure that all payroll deductions conform with statutory regulations or are specifically authorised by the employee concerned.
- To support the Administrator in the accurate and timely input and processing of pay awards, calculation of arrears and payments for overtime claims or variations to pay, ensuring that appropriate authorisation has been received.
- To support in the accurate completion and submission of monthly and annual returns and associated documentation to HMRC and DWP, reconciling the month end and year-end figures for PAYE, National Insurance, Student Loans, SMP/SPP/SAP/ShPP and any other government deductions. Check all of the above on colleague’s payrolls.
- To ensure that correct procedures are followed in the operation of College and Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay, Statutory Adoption Pay and Statutory Shared Parental Pay in compliance with staff terms and conditions of employment, and to maintain payroll records of absence relating to sickness (paid and unpaid) and maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental leave for all College employees.
- Assist in the checking of payment information to be sent to BACS and the preparation and processing of BACS and cheque payments for payroll, pension, HMRC, childcare and court order payments.
- To assist with routine and complex payroll queries from our clients staff, managers and outside agencies and advise the College Accountant on issues relating to payroll, including legal and technical matters.
Experience and Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of pay and pensions administration.
- Experience of using a computerised payroll system (Cascade would be desirable), Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme knowledge.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- The ability to understand, interpret, explain and implement legislation affecting payroll.
- A high level of written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal successfully with College employees, managers and other outside agencies on payroll matters.
- The ability to manage work and to establish priorities and schedules to meet strict targets and deadlines.
- The ability to work to a high level of accuracy under pressure, an eye for detail and to make sound decisions within a tight time frame
This is a full-time fixed term appointment (maternity cover) the role is available for a fixed term period until 31 January 2023 or the return of the staff member from maternity leave, whichever is the earlier.
Rate of Pay: Up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Hours: 36.25 hours per week.
Holiday: 25 working days per annum plus 8 public holidays.
Meals: Free lunch is provided for staff whose duties cover this period when working with our client.
Pension Scheme: A pension scheme, which complies with the requirements of the Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes Regulations for autoenrolment, will be available after three month’s service. All staff will become members unless they choose to opt out. Employee Assistance The Employee Assistance Programme is a free and confidential telephone and web based information and support service providing staff with access to caring and professional consultants and counsellors.
Gym: Membership of the College gym is available for a modest fee. Inductions are compulsory.
Sports & Social Club: Our clients Staff Sports and Social Club, run by a committee of staff who organise events and outings
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance|