We are excited to be working with a long established manufacturing company based in Huntingdonshire, due to a vacancy becoming available we are on the hunt for driven Procurement & Customer Service Manager!
To be responsible for the day to day maintenance and ordering of stock items through the MRP system to enable timely fulfillment of sales orders through the supply of raw material to Production. Be responsible for administering and maintaining Customer sales accounts working with departments to ensure on time in full deliveries.
- Place stock orders, progress chase and ensure effective communication with Sales and Production as required.
- Maintain computerised stock control system, ensuring all data fields are kept relevant with a view to maximising stock holding efficiency in relation to Sales and Production. Carry out regular data house keeping routines.
- Co-ordinate activities with Goods In to ensure the smoothing of deliveries and collections including booking suppliers deliveries into the clients premises.
- Be responsible for monitoring stock movements, analysing usage and spotting trends in purchasing patterns. Work with the Commercial Manager to take the necessary action to make changes where required in stock holding.
- Receive Customer orders, process to meet deadlines and strive to deliver total customer satisfaction through to delivery. Maintaining customer base, striving to explore opportunities to increase sales and meet changing customer requirements.
- Update and maintain office systems to ensure all records are kept up to date with the latest Supplier and Customer information in pursuit of the efficient processing of Supplier and Customer orders.
- Establish excellent working relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum prices are maintained and delivery schedules are met and customers to ensure on time, in full delivery.
- Liaise with Quality Control over sub standard stock or Customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve non-conformance as agreed.
- Liaise with Accounts over supplier or customer invoices and support to resolution.
The responsibilities are not exhaustive and may vary as dictated by the changing needs of the business. The employee will be expected to undertake reasonable requests or duties as required by their Manager.
Skills and Attributes
- Sound commercial common sense.
- Conscientious, and numerate with attention to detail.
- Enjoys the art of communication with a variety of people and disciplines to create relationships and achieve the best outcomes. Naturally adopts a professional but friendly approach on the telephone with the ability to listen attentively to gain understanding.
- Sound IT capability with experience of excel data manipulation. SAP Business One experience an advantage.
- Ability to organise own work load to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure to tight deadlines, coping calmly with changing priorities.
- Enjoys the challenge of creating relationships and working as part of a cross departmental team.
- Always keen to spot an opportunity to improve processes and work flows that would be beneficial to all.
Minimum Education required
- GCSE Maths & English A-C + 3 others.
- A levels or equivalent.
- Relevant qualification an asset.
Minimum Experience required
- 3 years within a buying office environment and ideally sales office experience.
- Must have experience and competence of using usual IT office systems e.g. Word and Excel. SAP Business One User experience a significant advantage however full training given.
|Job Category||Office Support|