Are you up to the challenge?
Are you ready to make a commitment to a more sustainable way of living? Our client is flexible, hardworking and not afraid to push boundaries. Their employees are encouraged to become the best they can be. They are looking to expand their team and are seeking to employ someone who can not only do ‘The Job’ but questions it and then seeks to improve it.
Currently seeking a passionate, positive Software Project Manager to join our growing team who is excited about the rapid change and development in the NETZERO industry.
Our client is looking for an organised, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a software project manager. The responsibilities of the software project manager include overseeing software projects from start to finish, problem solving and serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and schedules. To achieve success in the role you will need to work effectively, have good communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work with complex software.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- To oversee the planning and management of strategic development projects
- Ensure project stays on schedule and adheres to set deadlines
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion.
- To manage associated project budgets and keep within these budgets
- To provide project reporting and updates to the Management team
- To provide resource forecasting, capacity planning and reporting
- To oversee and provide updates on the development team KPI’s and metrics
- To support the achievement of our team annual and strategic objectives
- To maintain up to date records of project activity within our systems
- To drive the continual improvement of our software project management processes, practices and systems
- To assist with the prioritisation of team day-to-day workloads
- Planning out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resource, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Act as a catalyst for change and support our ambition to support 1 in 100 people to go Net Zero, by being curious, focused and innovative
Experience & Qualifications required
- Degree or equivalent in related subject or adequate sector experience in software development
- Proven ability to manage and mitigate project risks
- Superb communication skills;
- Be creative and innovative
- Strong grasp of agile development methodology
- A love for all things web and technology
- Extensive knowledge of various software applications
- Ability to see the big picture and take ownership
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing requirements
Skills you will gain
- Multi-sectoral exposure to business strategy and management
- A developed understanding of the risks and opportunities in relation to the adaptation to climate change in the built environment
- Opportunities to develop knowledge base from an energy focus to a broader carbon and sustainability focus
- The ability to build customer relationship management, influence and leadership skills
- Continued development of complex technical, surveying and reporting skills
- The opportunity for continued personal and professional development
- Mentoring skills
- Salary of £35K – £43K (dependent on experience)
- Generous pension scheme
- Unlimited annual leave
- Location: Home based with ability to travel to Cambridgeshire and customer locations
- Bonus scheme (employee and company-performance related)