We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Senior Business Development Executive to join our clients growing team.
If you are an experienced member of the UK general insurance market, with a genuine ambition to uphold the highest standards of professionalism, lead and build a career we would like to hear from you.
Our client is passionate about their clients and their business. They support their people with excellent professional development opportunities, and ensure they have the tools and knowledge they need to succeed in their career.
Main purpose of the role
- Proactively seek and acquire new clients to expand the commercial book of business.
- Nurture a pipeline of quality prospects using a marketing lead approach.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell products from a portfolio of specialist cover.
- Provide expert knowledge, advice and service to your clients, becoming an extension of their management team.
- To support and coach the team of Business Development Executives
- To oversee the full renewals book and process
Essential skills and experience
- A minimum of two years experience in a commercial insurance market.
- Proven track record of working within a sales environment generating new business and exceeding income targets.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring a team
- An ability to deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Insurance qualifications required Cert CII or working towards
- A comprehensive knowledge of the UK general insurance industry having previously worked in a busy growth orientated commercial insurance brokers.
- Experience of managing and growing a portfolio is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial insurance products, renewal practices, administration and insurer markets.
Desirable skills and experience
- Previous experience using Acturis for sales administration and renewals.
- Well-developed and effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Solid relationship building skills.
- A demonstrable network in the commercial insurance broking market, the candidate should have awareness of key markets, trends and people of influence.