We are delighted to be working with an exciting, Cambridge-based, three-year-old tech start-up specialising in Search and Information Findability within Businesses. We are looking for someone to help spearhead their technology department, alongside their Chief Scientific Officer.
This is a stand out technical position, becoming more than a “Senior Software Engineer”. Our client have an extremely impressive 5 year plan that could see you have the power to have a real influence on shaping the future of their strategic direction.
What they’re Looking For:
A Senior Software Engineer with additional knowledge of Natural Language and understanding and Machine Learning.
The person needs to be a developer with Back End & Front End experience. Someone who is keen on working in an established tech start-up and ideally developed some expertise in semantic, AI-based Search and Information Management.
The primary focus of this role, working alongside their Chief Scientist, will be to continue to develop, maintain and support the suite of AI-driven Software Products ensuring they are functional and operational.
This role will be responsible for maintaining the existing products as well as building new functions, freeing up the Chief Scientist to remain focused on continuous innovation.
The work involves developing market-leading product enhancements into their Enterprise Search solution, Document Management System, Discovery product and AI-powered knowledge-bot, and to that extent, it is crucial that you’ve already developed some expertise in Natural Language and Machine Learning and can demonstrate this.
You will have solid experience in Software and Product Development Lifecycles, and the ability to work with their Chief Scientist to carry out code reviews and to continually improve code quality across all aspects of our products.
The role significantly involves providing influence and insight into the best technical approach and choice of tools.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- At least 5+ years of working experience with scalable Enterprise software solutions
- Some proficiency and proven experience with Natural Language Understanding and Machine Learning technologies
- Experience in working in an Agile framework and with automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery would be advantageous.
- Ideal candidate will have a professional experience in backend and frontend development and with both Cloud-based and Appliance-based deployments
- Advanced problem solving and coding skills
- Proven ability to work both alone on tasks and lead others in a team
Key Personal Attributes:
- An absolute passion for delivering quality solutions and a real desire to ‘make a difference’
- Maturity and self-confidence and ability to work without need for constant supervision
- Self-motivated; results-oriented
- Strongly collaborative and a good Team player
- High-level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to work under pressure and to reliably deliver to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you will be involved in discussions with tech partners and customers
The Technology Stack Languages include:
- Kotlin Java, C, Python 3, REACT JS
- Cassandra DB
- GitHub, Jenkins, Jira
- Knowledge of SSO useful
Our client is flexible with work arrangements, however the candidate will be required to be in the office at least 3-4 times per week working closely with the Chief Scientist based in Cambridgeshire.
The ideal candidate would be commutable from Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire or Buckinghamshire locations.
Salary dependant on experience.
|Job Category||Information technology|