We are working with an exciting Property Management company based in Borehamwood, and are seeking an ambitious Service Charge Accountant, within Billings.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for delivering a finance function in respect of
service charges and all client money handling in accordance with ARMA/RICS Regulations.
The successful candidate will ensure that all client accounting functions including income and expenditure are processed in a timely manner and do not breach RICS codes of practice. The role will further be
responsible for ensuring our clients management raises its fees appropriately and for the overall
integrity of data in Qube Property Management system.
• Ensure all service charge demands, budgets, accounts, payments, reconciliations, accrual and prepayments, and year-end adjustments are processed in accordance with best practice/lease.
• Enter service charge budgets into the system.
• Bring all financial information up to date on existing clients and all new clients.
• Prepare service charge monthly/quarterly variance analysis, highlighting the reasons behind all material variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
• Manage the sinking funds accounts in line with RICS codes of conduct and ensure that appropriate controls are in place.
• Production of annual service charge statements, ensuring that the results are accurate, timely and correctly reflect the prevailing accounting standards and RICS code of practice.
• Maintain detailed records of transactions in accordance with regulation.
• Ensure all financial details are recorded accurately.
• Ensure all documentation is issued accurately including (but not limited to) budgets, cyclical demands, client reporting etc.
• Ensuring that all monies received and expended on behalf of company clients are accounted for correctly in accordance with RICS regulations and current Government legislation
• Develop relationships with the key stakeholders both external and internal to improve communication and ensure accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of service charge statements.
• Support the running of month end reports processing any accruals/prepayments if required
• Updating and maintaining the property management accounting systems and other databases
• Reconcile payments to owners and ensure that payments are passed to
• Manage transfers of funds between corporate and client bank accounts as necessary.
• Produce monthly arrears /creditors reports
• Provide best practice advice and ensure all accounting procedures are in place and up to date
• Liaising with leaseholders and clients where necessary. A polite and professional approach to communicating with customers is essential.
• Carry out all duties in accordance with legal requirements specifically but not limited to the Data Protection Act and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
• 22 days Holiday – not including the 8 BH’s
• Free Parking
• Health Cashback Plan for dental and eye care etc,
• Cycle to Work, Retail discounts
• Wellbeing Cashback plan
• Death in Service Insurance
If you feel that you are a suitable match, or would like to find out more. Feel free to apply online today!
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance|