Our client is a Global Telecommunications business with over 17 years’ worth of experience. They are trusted by millions daily to provide a secure and reliable voice to power their business communications.
As they expand, they are searching for a Service Delivery Engineer!
|The Service Delivery Engineer is responsible for the provisioning of new services to be delivered to customers, as well as the administrative tasks associated with delivering new services to customers to ensure internal systems and billing are maintained as these services are delivered. |
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Implementation of technical services for new customers.
- Rigorously configure services according to standard with documented checks and guidelines (including system security), be responsible for ensuring all provisioning tasks are fully tested before being handed over to customers, including failover.
- Ensure technical information is gathered for provisioning requests.
- Take ownership of customer deliveries within SLA.
- Co-ordinate implementation with telephony providers and customers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues during provisioning. Work with telephony providers and other vendors to debug and resolve provisioning issues.
- Work with Account Managers and Provisioning Administrators to ensure smooth processing of all provisioning work
- Provide first line operations support (answer calls and respond to tickets; triage issues by following standard processes; resolve or escalate identified faults)Identify and document service delivery procedures to add to the knowledge base
- Use initiative to identify improvements to existing documentation and processes.
- Clear handover to both client and Support team internally.
- Collaborate with Cloud Enablement and Support teams on complex provisioning solutions./troubleshooting.
Key Skills & Experience
|The Service Delivery Engineer should have experience working in VoIP technical roles with strong attention to detail and ability to work to the highest standards and backed up by excellent customer service skills.|
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a similar role or equivalent.
- Fundamental understanding of IP Networking and VoIP.
- Good practical knowledge of SIP messaging call flows and analysis of packet captures.
- Solid understanding of PSTN replacement, MPLS, SDWAN and associated technologies. Experience in setting up and completing test plans applicable to the service provisioned.
- Experience in speaking and writing to customers in a technical role.
- Proficient in cloud PBX system, direct routing for Teams, SIP trunking, SBC. CCNA/CCNP certification desirable but not essential.
- University degree desirable (2:1 or higher preferable in computer science or related field).
|Key Personal Attributes:|
- You can maintain high levels of professional behaviour even whilst working under pressure.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- You can work to tight timescales, either alone or as a member of a larger team.
- You are a responsible individual with a desire to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution.
- You are open minded and can take a step back and look at a problem rationally, but without blinkers, enabling you to find alternate routes to success.