An opportunity has arisen for a Software Tester to join an exciting, Cambridge-based, tech start-up specialising in Search and Information Findability within businesses. They are producing a suite of products based on a single, AI-powered, information management platforms with a workflow driven and information redaction capability. With a highly experienced and capable team with deep technical expertise in natural language processing supported by Product Management, and Test, Release and Service Management, this is an exciting time to join this team.
They are looking for a test professional looking to eventually move into a leadership role to join their team and provide a structured approach to testing including increasing levels of automation, support for test data across multiple technologies. This would be for both unit and system test and close engagement with the development team to ensure alignment between the rapid application development approach and the test capability.
The role works alongside offshore test resource, the service delivery leader, and where appropriate the product manager to ensure that specific client needs are included in testing as they evolve.
The prime focus will be ensuring releases and bug fix updates are appropriately tested and signed off prior to releases and the environment owners and stakeholder are kept up to date with test philosophy and progress. They believe it’s key that all stakeholders work efficiently towards the same goal, and always providing an effective pathway for communication between Customer – Sales – Technology and back office.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be creating and executing test scripts and recording and communicating results.
- The test teams help us find and connect test data for new connector and scale testing and also help us find or create simulated test data for our demo environment.
- This role will require working closely with the CTO, developers, UX designers, and the Sales & Business development teams.
- Ensuring the delivery of test plans, test sign-off and release timings, you might be required to provide documentation for any new processes, and aide with technical documentation where possible.
- There will be need for hands on support including helping identifying and resolving underlying issues and helping customers with training, reporting and configuration of the tools.
- Ownership of Onshore test plans. Schedules and execution. Delivery of test results and metrics to evidence test progress. Act as an escalation point for test issues into the tech teams and to the Account Managers as necessary.
- Select and roll-out, with CTO’s support, of new test tools and processes using an agile approach to ensure new methods are documented, prioritised, and understood. Ensure all stakeholders are working effectively towards the same test goals.
- Provide a pathway of communication for all teams to understand test status, capability.
- Set expectations for the commercial teams to align with the current technical workstack & test capabilities.
- As a tester you will also assist the sales teams with an understanding the tech stack at a deeper level including working closely with account management and sales teams.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- In depth knowledge of test methods and knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery methods
- Knowledge of Kotlin, Java, C, Python 3, React
- Knowledge of automated test methods and tools such as Jenkins and experience in working in an Agile framework
- Some knowledge of Linux, and cloud-based infrastructure (Azure)
- Knowledge of Natural Language Understanding and Machine Learning technologies would be an advantage.